Bulldog DM streaming magnifies Snickers live Super Bowl commercial
“Every year we challenge ourselves to find new ways to satisfy our fans hunger for entertainment by delivering something new and breakthrough, and there is no better way than being the first to have a Super Bowl live ad,” Snickers Brand Director Allison Miazga-Bedrick said in a statement. “Our ambition is to be the most talked about brand on the planet”.
The brand and their agency BBDO came up with an engaging strategy to live stream 36 straight hours of engaging, witty, comical and highly entertaining programming to connect with and engage fans around their live in game commercial.
Working in support of the elite production teams that BBDO and Snickers put in place to bring their vision to life the Bulldog DM team developed a robust and scalable live streaming solution to drive viewership and engagement allowing Snickers to reach and exceed their marketing objectives. The 36 hour live stream also invited viewers to help name one of the buildings on the set of the live commercial.
Bulldog DM Partnership
Bulldog DM developed, managed and powered a turnkey solution that included:
- Publishing the 36-hour feed into Facebook Live, Youtube and snickerslive.com
- Utilizing a real-time cloud clipping service to post key moments and clips for viewers to replay and enjoy as an instantly available VOD asset
- A comprehensive graphics system to guide viewers through the experience regardless of their tune in point
- A social media integration and curated data feed service of live user comments that connected the social stream via to the video stream to help transform viewers into event participants
- A presentation of real time polling and user interactions to add depth, interactivity and context to the content
The live in game commercial was presented live online as well, but for an additional 15 seconds. For that piece of the experience Bulldog:
- coordinated the video transmission
- provided and managed the uplink, downlink, and IP transport of the content into our broadcast facility
- encoded the content for immediate broadcast on Facebook Live, YouTube, and Periscope Producer/Twitter
- utilized the cloud clipping tool to instantly make the :45 digital commercial available as VOD in near-real time
Snickers reported eye popping statistics and results:
Read more at Marketing Divide